Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things that stress me out

Mark,

It becomes stressful when I see a list of things I need (or think I need) to do.
Things to do: weekly papers, exams, mid-term essays...
And nothing is as stressful as to feel obliged to get things done, to be chained to expectation.

So I'll start by getting these blog entries off my 'to-do list'. That is one way of relieving stress.
Or I could say: enough with all this! And forget about 'obligations' and 'expectations'. I can decide not to do these. I could, theoretically.

But that is not a option for me. When these 'things to do' are so close up to my face, the only solution I can see is to remove the 'things to do' out of my sight. I remove them by getting the 'things to do' done.

I am blinded to see that I can just walk away and free myself from stress. But wait. Even if I turn away, the 'things to do' would not have been removed. If I turn my head a little, I would catch a glimpse of the 'things to do'. My line of sight would not be free 360 degrees.

Then, new 'things to do' would pile up. I would then look away. Then comes more. 27o. 180. 90. ... And my line of sight will keep narrowing and narrowing, until I am finally trapped in a world surrounded by 'things to do'. No escape then. They would keep piling up on me, crushing me. That would mean defeat.

And that is why I write this blog entry. One 'thing to do' removed.


And another thing too: it isn't that I don't enjoy doing the 'things to do'. It just becomes stressful when they start piling up. どうしたもんかねぇ。(Oh, what to do).


Cheers,

Kan

No comments:

Post a Comment