Saturday, September 24, 2011

Me

Who am I? Actually, I don't know.
I am myself, am I not? Well, I don't know. Am I really myself? Maybe I am, and maybe I'm not.

Perhaps I am what I am not.
But perhaps I am also what I am not. Then again, I may not be what I am.

So who then, am I? And is it that important?
Yes, it is reassuring for people to be able to identify 'me'.
I need to be put into categories, so that I may be judged and percieved.

So here you are:
Species: homo sapiens
Name: Kan
Place of origin: Earth

And to be more specific, my passport is issued by the Japanese State, and I am expected to use the men's restroom, and I was born into the middle class.


My birthplace is Tsukiji (Tokyo), and my former towns of residence are Chicago (US), Modena (Italy), Chiba and Numazu (Japan) and Malmö (Sweden). I will no longer be a teenager starting tomorrow.
I also happen to be an former section CA 14-April 'high-agari' 'returnee' sophmore student at ICU who is planning on majoring in Japan Studies.
I am a pedestrian when I am on the road, and a pagan when I am in church, an asian when in Europe, a son and brother when at home, and a traveller in my free time, and all the time I desire liberation from all these categories.
And when I am writing this blog, I am your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment